Sunday, January 22, 2012

I couldn't help it!

I know, I know...I said I wasn't going to start a new quilt till I got some of my WIP done...but...but...I couldn't help myself ;} I was doing well finishing some top stitching on two of my quilts. But then I ran out of thread with just 3/4 of the quilt done. I could have started putting together another quilt but I wanted to try some variegated thread for that one. So, what's a girl to do {what I should have done...finish the 3 other quilts that I started a long, long time ago} so I started a new quilt with some new fat quarters that I got a few weeks or more ago.
 Fenway thought he would help arrange my blocks for me! These colors are way outside my comfort zone, but I love it.
 The collection is McKenzie- by Dena Designs that I got from Southern Fabric. I have 12 other fat quarters in yellow,teal,lime green. I am saving those to make a smaller version of this quilt.  
The pattern I used is called Meadow Blocks by Carlene Westberg. I put all these blocks together in a day. Now I have to sew the rows together. I love the print up above with the pink flower and black leaves. I want that for the back of the quilt, I just have to find it now. I think this is an old collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment