Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My frist quilt a long

One of my quilting resolutions for 2012 was to join a quilt a long. I am taking part in Rachel Griffith's, of p.s. i quilt, Cascade build a quilt workshop. This class will build a modern patchwork quilt with solid colors. 

Here is Rachel's pattern with the colors that she is going to be using. She has a great eye for color. I had a hard time picking solid colors for this. I'm good at taking a print and finding all the colors that go with it. But to find solid colors that will go well together was a little more challenging. For this quilt I wanted to try some new colors. I always gravitate to the earth tone colors, and all shades of green (its my favorite color). Another quilting resolution was to step outside my comfort zone and try some new colors and bolder prints. So here is what I chose...

The fabric is from the new Michael Miller cotton couture collection. I purchased these at one of my favorite online shops The Fat Quarter Shop. To help me choose my colors I went to design seed website for some ideas of color combinations. I then decided that purple is becoming a new color for me. I found a purple color that I liked, you can even customize the color you are looking for, and looked at color pallets that had purple in it. I can not wait to see how it all come out. I will keep you all posted. Happy sewing***


No comments:

Post a Comment